Over the past few years, online shopping has taken the world by storm. Online retailers are also becoming more and more creative to score big with shoppers.
If you are a smart deal hunter or love to shop with major discounts without putting in a lot of efforts, try these 5 clever online shopping tricks suggested by sitepricechecker.com and save hundreds.
- Outwit the Dynamic Pricing Trap: Dynamic pricing is a strategy used by online merchants to show different prices to different customers according to the location, browsing and spending behaviour and demand of the product. For instance, you may find cheap airfare showing 30% higher price, when you check on the next day. These days, most retailers are aware of the price point and may show a higher price compared to someone else, who pays less in online purchases. To get a less biased price:
- You should clear the browsing history and cookies.
- Log out of email and other social media accounts (G+, Facebook etc).
- Switch to incognito mode.
- Choose localized website versions instead of being redirected to your location.
- Shop at the Right Day: It may seem tempting to spend your lazy Sunday afternoon browsing around various retailers, but do not cash out too fast. Most of the online shopping websites roll out discounts and special deals on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. For instance, Tuesday is considered to be the best day to purchase laptops/ desktops, as major retailers like HP and Dell send out special coupons every Tuesday. Sunday is the best day to score cheap airline tickets, while Monday is the most expensive.
- Easy Cashback: When shopping online, always check for cashbacks on your purchase before buying. Websites with cashbacks allow you to earn a certain percentage back on what you spend by shopping through tracked links for retailers. You will be surprised to know how many different things you can earn money on.
- Use Multiple Coupon Codes Strategically: If a website allows you to combine different coupons and promo codes while checking out, you should use them in the right order. For instance, if you have a promo code for a 10% discount and a coupon for 20$, apply the promo code first. This will help deduct 10% from the full price and later, you can dig more savings with the $20 discount coupon.
- Run Smart Comparison Checks: If you want to avoid overpaying and scoring the best deals online, install a browser add-on that is easily available for Chrome, Mozilla and Safari. This can help you save tons of time by automatically pulling the prices for the same product from numerous merchants. These add-ons organize the prices in a smart chart and even notifies you if there are any coupons available. Some apps can even scan bar codes and provide “bottom line prices” that include taxes, shipping and other add-on expenses.
These easy tips and tricks can help you avoid rip-offs and save a bundle while shopping onlin